I'm gathering together here some of my chamber larp scripts from recent years
Read about, and download, larps!
- Keep It in the Family (2015) – a small and tense chamber larp.
- Women on the Verge… / These Are the Days of Our Lives (2015) – a small and female chamber larp.
- Real Men (with Kevin Burns, 2015) – a small and male chamber larp
- The Life of Mermaids (with Jouni Karppinen, Mira Suovanen, and Olga Rudak, 2016) – a small and damp chamber larp.
- ‘Heroes’ (2016) – a small and heroic freeform / chamber larp.
- The Best Medicine (2017) – a small and hilarious chamber larp
- The Drinklings (with Anna-Karin Linder, 2018) – a small and bibulous chamber larp
- Experimental Findings (2018) – a small and scientific outdoor larp
- Fake News (2018) – a small and spinning chamber larp
Some of them have got lacunae where references or more detailed explanations are yet to be completed – but they're all basically runnable from these scripts.
Still to come
Others that might appear here in due course:
- Freakshow (with Traci Whitehead, 2015)
- It's Just a Stage (with Karolina Soltys, 2016)
- The Baby Club (with David Owen and Jamie Harper, 2016)
- Passing (2016)
- Asking For It (with Laura Wood, 2017)
- Life of a House (with Ruth Trenery-Leach and Will Osmond, 2017)
- The Ghosts of London (2017)
- Life Lessons (2018)
- Five for Silver (2018)
- Primal Soup (2018)
- Trauma Ward (2019)
The Outsiders (with Cat Tobin, 2013) already has its own website, as does None but the Brave (with Traci Whitehead, 2014), as does On Location (with Karolina Soltys, Kate Bennett, Laura Wood, Michael Such, and Will Osmond, 2017) which is not a chamber larp but is still pretty cool.
Not written by Mo
Also here, although not written by me (but all the more brilliant for that):
- Bring Your Own Bottle (2015)
Do let me know if you run any of these – it'd be great to hear how they went!
Writing for others
Organizing and editing stuff
Im an organizer of The Game Kitchen, and of The Smoke: London's International Larp Festival, and of Just a Little Lovin' 2019 UK. I'm an editor at Nordic Larp, and have contributed editing work to several KP-books.
As well as writing games, I also write about games. These are what I think of as the more important articles:
- Orientalism and exoticism, on the Ginger Goat blog, May 2014
- Workshop Practice, in Practice, in the 2015 Knudepunkt companion book and also on nordiclarp.org, April 2016
- Larp and Prejudice: Expressing, Erasing, Exploring, and the Fun Tax, in the 2016 Solmukohta companion book
- Walking in the Darkness: handling race in Lovecraftesque, in Lovecraftesque
- What Does it Mean When Sex is Sexy?, with Monica Hjort Traxl, on nordiclarp.org, February 2017
- History, Herstory, and Theirstory: Representation of Gender and Class in Larps with a Historical Setting, in the 2017 Knutepunkt companion book and also on nordiclarp.org, February 2017
And then there's these ones as well:
- Pillage the Vikings!, with Ole Peder Giæver, on nordiclarp.org, July 2014
- Nordic-style larp in the UK, on nordiclarp.org, July 2014
- What's the big deal about Nordic larp?, on larping.org, October 2014
- Opening the Chamber of Secrets – an introduction to chamber larp, on larping.org, May 2015
- Non-nominated Fastaval Scenarios, on the Plan B blog, April 2016
- Real Men – Defining Gender Identities, with Kevin Burns, in the 2016 Nordic Larp Yearbook and also on nordiclarp.org, November 2016
- High on Larp: Alcohol at Larp Events, on nordiclarp.org, March 2017
- The Blue Ribbon Collective, on nordiclarp.org, March 2017
Games! All sorts of different ones. mostly holds reviews and stray thoughts and ideas about games. In recent years it's mostly been about larp.
Other game-related bits
And one for Cthulhu Dark, called 'Good as a Feast', which I'm not sure if you can actually get hold of... it was released as a pdf with the Kickstarter..
And a setting for Flotsam, called 'The Big Hot'. At the moment it's still in press.
I've done copy-editing and proofreading for a load of games, including Amazing Tales.